Wednesday 14 December 2011

Singapore Zoo

Sunday December 4

We woke up early, and went to the Lutheran Church at 9:00a for their traditional service.  I haven't been to this service before, because I normally go to the 11a service, so I couldn't introduce the mom's to anyone since I didn't know anyone.  Most of the people at the 9a service are expats, and most of the people at the 11a service are Singaporeans.

After church, we headed to the Singapore Zoo.  I had only done the night safari before, so I was excited to see the zoo.  It is the nicest zoo I have ever been to, and everything is really natural feeling.  We took the tram around the entire zoo to see the grounds, and then followed the afternoon feeding schedule.  We were able to see the zoo keepers feed the giraffes, lions, cougars and rhinos.  It was fun to follow the feedings because the animals know exactly when they are going to be fed, and are much more alert.

We went to 2 shows as well - Save the Rainforest and an Elephant show.  We spent the entire day at the zoo, and saw so many different animals that we don't have at the Milwaukee Zoo.

To end the day we took a boat ride around the reservoir at the zoo.  They are in the process of building a reservoir tour where you can see the animals from the reservoir. 

White Tigers













Boat Ride!


Elephant Show






No comments:

Post a Comment