Thursday 22 December 2011

Malaysia for the Day!

Wednesday December 7
Today the mom’s went to Malaysia for a quick day trip. It is only about a 35 minute drive to cross the border into Malaysia, however customs takes quite a long time to actually leave Singapore and enter Malaysia.   I was uncomfortable with the mom’s taking a coach bus by themselves, as I found it to be very confusing when I was in Malaysia, so they went on a tour.  It wasn’t great, and they didn’t see much, but they were still glad they went. 
After their tour and my day of work, we met Mary for dinner at Lau Pa Sat.  It is my favorite Hawker Center in Singapore, known for their Satay and live music!  We ordered chicken, duck, and beef satay, Fried Rice, spinach, and pot stickers.  It was a really fun dinner, and so nice to see Mary, and hear all about her traveling.  She also dropped the news she is taking a job in Singapore for a year with Nike, and wants me to come back for a year!  The mom’s loved the Satay! 

We had to make it an early night, because I had conference calls starting earlier then usual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment