Wednesday 7 December 2011

Leaving for Bali!

Wednesday Nov 23
Today is the day we leave for Bali!  We decided to start our trip out on a high note…. So we went out for Sushi for lunch.  I have been wanting to try this restaurant since I have been in Singapore, but it is always really busy, with lines out the door, so we decided to get there early and hopefully beat the rush.  We sat at the sushi bar, and ordered many different things to try.  It was some of the better sushi I have had in Singapore.
We arrived at the airport very early for our flight, so I read and Koz played Angry Birds!  Our flight was a quick 2 hours to Bali… I slept the whole time, Koz played games.  We realised this was our first time sitting together on a flight.  I think he quickly noticed it wasn’t that exciting as I literally fall asleep before the plane even takes off. 
We arrived in Bali, and very quickly started experiencing the culture.  2 men took our bags off of the baggage belt for us, walked them out of customs and wanted money.  We said no, took our bags and walked outside.  Then we were solicited from every direction from cab drivers.  Welcome to Indonesia!!!
We arrived at our hotel, and it was really nice, and beautiful.  We had a great dinner, and especially enjoyed how cheap everything is in Bali.  I had an awesome Tuna Steak for $8, and Koz had a seafood platter that was really good as well. (Exchange Rate: 1 USD = 9070 Indonesia Rupiah)
We went back up to our room to have drinks on the balcony.  A perfect start to our trip!





I thought we would be able to see the view from our room.... guess not


Relaxing on the balcony enjoying a little drink


No comments:

Post a Comment